Dental veneers are thin shells of composite resin or porcelain that conceal the relevant surface of teeth to fix chips, cracks, discoloration, and gaps between them. A small quantity of the enamel is removed from the selected tooth to make room for the veneer, and a dental adhesive is used to secure the veneer in place.
At Shepherd Dental PC, we provide our patients with dental veneers that are custom-fabricated to match the color, shape, and length of the adjacent teeth. Porcelain veneers can also imitate the light-reflecting property of natural teeth, which makes them hard to notice in the mouth.
What Are the Advantages of Dental Veneers?
- They are versatile and can correct aesthetic issues like tooth discolorations, short teeth, and uneven spaces between teeth.
- They are tailor-made to fit the precise shape, size, and color of your natural teeth.
- They are readily accepted by the gums and cause negligible irritation or sensitivity.
- They help hide dental issues like chips, cracks, fractures, and orthodontic problems like misalignment and malocclusion.
- They are stain-resistant and preserve the brightness of your smile for years.
- Its procedure is less invasive than the placement of dental crowns and helps correct the damage caused by clenching and grinding.
- They are durable and if cared for properly, last a lifetime.
- They enhance your smile and quality of life by raising your self-esteem and confidence.
- They look natural and blend in effortlessly with the adjoining teeth.
- They provide additional protection to the teeth on which it is installed.
- There is no recovery time after the veneer's procedure, and you can resume your daily routine immediately.
How Are Dental Veneers Placed?
An X-ray will be performed to diagnose the presence of chips, cracks, and misalignments. We will take the required measurements and prepare a personalized treatment plan for you.
Digital impressions of your mouth will be captured and used to fabricate the dental veneers. Care will be taken to match them to your natural teeth's color, size, and shape.
A small quantity of the enamel, around 0.5mm to 0.7mm, will be removed to make space for the dental veneer. The drilling process will be performed under local anesthesia to ease your discomfort. The prepared tooth is secured with a temporary veneer, and the digital impressions will be sent to the dental laboratory to fabricate the permanent restoration.
Once the permanent veneer is ready, we will roughen the tooth's surface and cement the veneer in its position.
If you are interested in learning more about our dental veneer treatments, visit our office, Shepherd Dental PC, at 235 E Hildebrand Ave #100, San Antonio, TX 78212, or call at (210) 820-0400 and schedule an appointment.